BC Baseball Special Resolution Update and Meeting Notice
January 28, 2015
Re: Special Resolution Committee Update to BC Baseball Associations
B.C. Baseball Association Presidents,
The Special Resolution Committee continues to work on the framework plan and will be forwarding to the B.C. Baseball Board their recommendations of the business plan for approval. During this due diligence phase, a number of options for various programs have presented themselves that need to be discussed by the B.C. Baseball Board of Directors.
The Special Resolution Committee will hold its weekly meeting Monday, February 2, 2015. Following that meeting, the committee report with recommendations will be forwarded to the B.C. Baseball Board of Directors. The next B.C. Baseball Board meeting is scheduled for Saturday, February 7, 2015.
Following the February 7th B.C. Baseball Board meeting the approved Special Resolution Committee report will be released to the membership on Sunday, February 8, 2015.
B.C. Baseball is in receipt, under B.C. Baseball Rule Book Article VIII “Request for General Meeting of Membership”, from the following associations on January 22, 2015:
- Burnaby Minor Baseball
- Coquitlam-Moody Minor Baseball
- Kamloops Minor Baseball
- Rutland Minor Baseball
- Vernon Minor Baseball
This letter serves as formal notice to B.C. Baseball Membership that there will be a vote on Sunday, February 15, 2015 at the Sandman Signature 8828- 201 Street Langley, British Columbia. The General Meeting of the Membership will begin at 11:30am.
The B.C. Baseball Board of Directors has approved to cover the cost of attendance for one representative of each (association President or association designate with its proxy vote) for this meeting. The designated association representative will be reimbursed as follows:
1. Lower Mainland – $0.50/km for return trip mileage from home;
2. Vancouver Island – $0.50/km for return trip mileage from home plus return trip ferry vehicle and passenger charges;
3. Interior Associations – $0.50/km for return trip mileage from home plus one night hotel covered if necessary to a maximum of $150.00.
4. Expense reimbursement forms are to be submitted after the conclusion of the “Request for General Meeting” to the B.C. Baseball Treasurer for reimbursement. Forms will be made available.
5. Lunch will be provided at the meeting for association representatives and proxies.
6. Additional association attendee’s expenses over one (1) per association will not be covered.
7. In advance of this meeting it is required that each Association advise Val Greenwood firstname.lastname@example.org of their intent to attend, association name and Proxy representative name if it is not the President of the Association. Val needs this information by 5:00 pm Monday February 2, 2015 in order to book lunch.
Board of Directors
B.C. Baseball Association