Caravan Stops in Kelowna at Central Okanagan Minor Baseball
As the BC Baseball Caravan comes to its second to last of its 15 day 17 location tour in Kelowna it saw an had outstanding turnout with over 415 participants.
The event began with instructors talking to parents and coaches about:
1) The basics fundamentals of the game so they can help teach it at home to their kids.
2) How to select and take care of your equipment.
3) How important it is to act properly at games by only cheering.
4) Supporting your coaches by teaching their kids the same things the coaches teach at practice.
5) How important it is to let kids know that failure is part of the game, it will happen, that the most important thing is how they deal with it.
6) What to say when the game is over and a player had a tough game, “ I loved watching you play"
At the same time the players were being taken through a dynamic fundamental skill workout.
One of the parents said “I cannot believe how much great information we received and I am not sure how I am going to remember it all because it was so good” One way is to go to www.baseballoutsidethebox.com Podcast and listen to the coaches on the caravan being interviewed on what they are teaching at each station.
Matt Nye, Vice President of COMBA sent this email.
“I’d like to reiterate our appreciation for allowing us to once again host the annual BC Baseball Coach Caravan. Between the two groups, we had about 415 people attend which, I believe, represents a big increase over last year. Word has gotten out that this is a valuable session for coaches and players alike to attend and a great way to start the baseball season.
As always, the instructors were excellent and everyone came away learning something new and the kids all had a lot of fun. In fact, I began receiving emails within minutes of the end of the sessions thanking us for hosting the caravan.
Thanks again for coming to Kelowna and helping us in growing the sport at the grassroots level. We’re already looking forward to next year."
BC Baseball is the largest grassroots baseball organization in British Columbia.